traveling tales...

On June 15/2006 I set out on a journey across Europe. My truck was sold, my job was quit, and my room was packed...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

home at last...

6 months, 23 countries, 83 cities, and close to 10,000 pictures later, we're finally HOME!

My family was sure surprised when I showed up on their doorstep three days earlier then I said I would be home! muahaha! Luckily I caught them just in time; they were on the way out to go shopping at Costco!

Our journey home went well. We left our hostel in Athens on Tuesday afternoon, and after a 5 hour flight to London Luton, transferring to the other airport, London Gatwick, then staying up all night at the airport until our 11 hour flight to Vancouver at 12:15pm, we were finally home Wednesday evening!

My head is still swimming, and I'm not even sure what to write anymore! To say the least, our trip was absolutely amazing and I am SO thankful I was able to have all those wonderful experiences. I've learned sooo much and have changed in a lot of ways, all for the better. I can't wait to get my pictures printed and look at the trip as a whole. We were just living day by day, but I think when I have time to go through my pictures and souvenirs, then I'll truly realize the magnitude of it all!

Thanks to anyone that's been following along.. I hope you've enjoyed it and maybe even been inspired to do some travelling of your own!

<3 shanon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home